Posted by Captin Cannuck on October 02, 2006 at 08:15:24:
How about a homeostatic function that detect excessive condensation in the mask and would control for "rain-out". There could some sensors in the mask, and when condensation build-up was to the point were rain-out was about to occur, it could send a signal to an APAP. The signal could do one of two things:
1. Tells the humidifier to turn down the humidity, or
2. Send a signal to heated tubing / mask to heat up and thereby decrease the condensation.
* Condensation rain-out is a cause of arousals and awakenings. Decreasing them will improve the quality of sleep by further decreasing the number of awakenings.
- Re: Rain-out detection and control D.H. 17:51 12/18/06 (0)
- Re: Rain-out detection and control TiredEngineer 04:47 10/20/06 (0)
Post a Followup